Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ''Oh, America" official release June 23 (plus Chloe comment)  (Read 2499 times)
Celeste

« on: May 12, 2009, 01:31:28 AM »

Here is what appears to be a brand-new press release with some interesting information:

http://mvremixmedia.com/blogs/2009/05/12/celtic-woman-in-tribute-to-pursuing-the-american-dream-to-release-brand-new-song-oh-america-on-june-23/

According to the article, the song "Oh, America" from the new Isle of Hope tour will be officially released on June 23rd.

I wonder how it will be released, though. There is no new album debuting on June 23. Will this "Oh, America" release be what used to be called (in the days of 45s) a "single"? And how are "singles" released in this day and age? On iTunes? On tiny CDs? I honestly don't know.

At any rate, it was nice to see this blurb in the press release:

As the youngest member Chloe explained to the audience at a recent concert, ďĎOh Americaí is a dedication to the first country to welcome us as Celtic Woman. You are our true inspiration! We feel as though we are part of your family now and for that we are very honored and proud.Ē

Very well put -- and no one could say these words as beautifully as Chloe.

Banner masterpiece by Scott.

mpdallen
Administrator
Nella Fantasia

Integrity

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:03:02 PM »

Celeste,
Thank you for giving us this information; and it is such good news.

I would think I would be put out as "The Call" was given to us.

Jim

If You Promise To Send Me A Song......
Moscapoet

Chlovers rock!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:01:54 PM »

Thanks for finding that, Celeste! Well it says it will be in the form of a digital download and ring tone so not a CD. They also go on to remark about the new show which will be shown on PBS starting in December. So, this time it appears there will be a DVD recorded at some point this year.

Ahhhh, Chloe, when you stand before the audience and introduce this song and tell us we are part of your family it is very moving. You and the others are part of our family too. This is a beautiful song that never fails to get me teary eyed.

Thanks, Destiny!
KAJ

Got any friends? Yes! ChloŽ's been found!

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 07:06:37 PM »

I really have heard it from the video, haven't I?

Deedee Doodle is on her way to find you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: